Tom Ahern is considered one of the world’s top authorities on how to increase revenue thru donor communications
Think of me as the guy who yanks the plug out of your volcano.
Before you brought in a subdued amount of donations. Now you bring in an explosive amount of donations.
Nobody is born with an innate ability to write persuasive fundraising materials. You have to train all the time. I do. Daily.
four well-received books on donor communications, with two more in the pipeline. A one-hour training DVD that teaches the "Tom Ahern way of writing" will go on sale in 2013.
Each year, I deliver dozens of workshops
internationally, speaking recently at conferences in New Zealand, the Netherlands, Belgium, Australia, and Italy as well as across the US and Canada. My resume:
- Ahern's work as a "message strategist" has won major international awards.
- His clients are blue chip.
- He creates "prototype" direct mail appeals to test new waters.
- Several of his innovative direct mail packages have become national models in the US, because of their extraordinary results.
- And he is in demand as a case writer, crafting up to 10 cases a year for clients who want drama crossed with intense donor-centricity.
I specialize in applying the discoveries of psychology and neuroscience to the day-to-day business of inspiring and retaining donors.
My recent clients
for cases, direct mail, newsletters, audits and training include Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Catholic Relief Services, Save the Children, Bread for the World, Princeton University, University of Oregon, Bow Valley College, PBS TV, Sharp HealthCare and other major hospital systems, The Cleveland Foundation, Volunteers of America, Houston Grand Opera, National Parks Conservation Association, the Animal Rescue League of Boston, the United Way of Anchorage as well as many smaller and local nonprofits.